[sr-dev] IMC upgrade

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Jun 20 08:22:52 CEST 2016

Hi!

Just to alert you all about a few upcoming changes to the IMC - Instant messaging multiparty chat - module that I’m working on. Any feedback is welcome!

- Adding RPC commands to manage rooms
   - create
  - list
  - list members
  - add member
  - kick member

- Adding a function to disable the addition of the name into the message
- Adding functionality to carry the content-type over and not adding name into the message unless it’s text
  This is to support iscomposing messages
- Adding a function to disable rewrite of headers so you can keep the From: header and use a Reply-To: header
  to get messages back into the chat instead of to the author of one message.

I am done with the RPC commands and am now working on the headers and new modparams.
Will try to commit the RPC commands this or next week (it’s a big holiday in Sweden at the end of this
week - midsummer).

If you are working on the IMC module too, please get in touch with me so we can coordinate.

Cheers,
/O