[sr-dev] http_client api test

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Jun 2 09:09:55 CEST 2016

> On 01 Jun 2016, at 08:43, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> this probably needs a more elaborate discussion and planning, being somehow related to unit testing that is planned to be approached for 5.0.
>
> IMO, anything for testing a module should be in a subfolder inside the module directory or inside a directory dedicated for testing. It won't be that nice to have them at the same level with module directories, will be a lot of noise there as a module may have more than one unit test.

Let’s create a module_test directory that hosts various test modules then. Naming the directory “test” makes it clear for users that it’s
not a normal production-use directory. I think creating test modules for modules that implement API is a good thing. If we can automate
tests that’s even better. I’ll use this module as a test case and we’ll figure it out.

If we come up with something else and need to move it, users should not be affected, only developers. I know that we are a grumpy
group of persons that doesn’t want to change anything, but let’s hope that we can survive us messing around with test code :-)

/O