[sr-dev] [kamailio] async_http: non-blocking HTTP client module (#480)

Olle E. Johansson notifications at github.com
Thu Jan 21 08:51:37 CET 2016

Since both modules are using CURL they need similar names. Since they should not be used at the same time, this should be documented. We can still rename the CURL module before release.
A big difference is that the curl module use a connection configuration, much like SQLops.

Stubbornly I still think, from a product management standpoint, that these should be the same module before release. If not, either name them CURL and CURL_ASYNC or HTTP and HTTP_ASYNC

Not being able to use them at the same time is a bug from my point of view. The easiest way to fix this is to move the call to CURL from http_async to CURL, add it to the CURL API and have the Http_Async module use the curl module for talking with libcurl. That way, both modules can be loaded at the same time, without a large merge of the code at this point. A huge win for all Kamailio users!

---
https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/pull/480#issuecomment-173486511