[sr-dev] [kamailio] debugger: kamailio freezes when dynamically setting module level(using fifo/rpc), if the module level is not previously set in config file: ```modparam("debugger", "mod_level", "core=2")``` (#463)

Stefan Mititelu notifications at github.com
Wed Jan 6 13:28:42 CET 2016

This **is not** happening when setting the module facility, for the above, same conditions.
This **is** happening also before pull-request [1] using "kamcmd dbg.mod_level core 1".
After some debugging I've noticed that this **is** happening when trying to set a level for a module name whose ```idx = hid&(_dbg_mod_table_size-1);``` is even number?! (i.e. module name "core" reduces to an even index); the idx is always in the range ```_dbg_mod_table_size-1``` as it should be.

Trying to solve this, I commented the lock_get/release in ```dbg_set_mod_debug_level()``` and saw it's working; kamailio doesn't freeze anymore. Thus, I tried to refactor the locks in ```struct _dbg_mod_slot``` to be dynamically allocated/deallocated using lock_alloc()/destroy() without success.

I'm out of ideas. Do you have any idea what might lead to this strange deadlock?

[1] https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/pull/462

---
https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/issues/463