[sr-dev] [kamailio] registrar: Custom socket string for location table (related to pr #470) (#471)

Ian Yu-Hsun Lin notifications at github.com
Sat Feb 13 10:26:47 CET 2016

Sorry for late reply since it was lunar new year in Taiwan.

The reason we need the the advertised address is we have several kamailio servers hosted in different cloud hosting service and we will manually get the `socket` information (IP address in our case) from `location` table. Therefore if the address stored in `socket` column are internal IPs then it would fail when our other relay servers try to communicate with those internal IPs. (Since other servers may be located in different datacentre).

But I think it's our design problem, your suggestion is great and we will be sorting out according to it.

Thanks!

---
https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/issues/471#issuecomment-183632338