[sr-dev] [kamailio] MS ODBC Driver crashes kamailio on boot (#501)

Tim Chubb notifications at github.com
Tue Feb 9 13:32:54 CET 2016

TLS module is loaded, and when i issue the commands you asked for above it displays the connection string, which i cant really share publically.
I have also rebuilt the build box in case it was an issue of conflicting versions.  Behavious is slightly different now rather than an outright crash the process now hangs instead, and can only be stopped by manually killing the process i.e. pkill -3 -e kamailio.
I have had to disable certain modules now such as corex and sdpops to get this far other wise it hangs slightly earlier in the boot process., with the backtrace suggesting something is up with the daemonization of the process.  If i switch to freetds driver in the odbc.ini file then everything works as expected.

I have increased the debug log level to 8 in the hope of spotting additional detail, and can confirm that some db activity takes place with the msodbc driver i.e. the dispatcher table is read etc.

---
https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/issues/501#issuecomment-181845883