[sr-dev] http_async

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Feb 5 13:38:10 CET 2016

> On 05 Feb 2016, at 12:49, Federico Cabiddu <federico.cabiddu at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Olle,
>
> On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 3:30 PM, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net <mailto:oej at edvina.net>> wrote:
>
> > On 04 Feb 2016, at 12:23, Camille Oudot <camille.oudot at orange.com <mailto:camille.oudot at orange.com>> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Olle,
> >

> It was Daniel’s recommendation to load the TLS module first since he
> had fixed some generic OpenSSL magic there.
>

> Will add the recommendation to the doc.
>

> >> - http_set_ssl_cert should have “tls” instead of “ssl”. SSL is bad.
> >
> > We spoke about this one, "ssl" reflects the names int the curl API. If
> > we totally disable SSL though, it makes sense to use "tls”.
> Exactly.
>
> So does this mean that we are going to enforce the usage of TLS? Today it's not the case anywhere in Kamailio and, sincerely, having a parameter with "tls" in its name and then allowing the user to use ssl is misleading. I would prefer:
> 1) not having any mention to ssl/tls in the name (like "http_set_cert")
> 2) raise a warning when the user tries to use a deprecated protocol version

I do think we’ve disabled SSL in Kamailio, if not it’s just for backwards
compatibility with really old phones. TLS won’t be disabled soon. If we
are selecting terminology between “SSL” and “TLS” - “TLS” is the one
we should use.

And yes, if someone configures SSL I think it’s a good idea to issue a warning.

> >> - I still think we need to discuss the way you have to run functions
> >> to set parameters for a coming function call.
> >> (...)
> >> What if that function doesn’t happen, will all these values be reset
> >> for the next message processed in that process?
> >
> > Good point, that is not addressed yet: we have to figure a way to reset
> > all the values previously set when a new message is processed.
> > Currently, they are reset when the HTTP query is sent.
>
> And I think you need to rethink the way you handle this. We are quite
> open for new ideas, but adding a totally new scheme for setting parameters for
> function calls is not something we need - it will just be confusing for
> people who learn Kamailio. Please try to use an existing framework.
>

> We will rethink this part.
THanks! If you want to discuss various ways to handle this we can have an
IRC chat some time.

> Sorry for being really, really, really stubborn of this, but I’ve spent
> over 10 years doing Kamailio trainings… :-)
>
> /O
>
> No problem while the discussion is constructive, as it is in this case :)
:-)

/O