[sr-dev] make appears to be in infinite loop

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 14:34:27 CET 2016

On 12/12/2016 14:04, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>> I pushed a small patch that allows specifying the name from command
>> line, like:
>>
>> cd utils/kamcmd/
>>
>> make NAME=mykamcmd ...
> Looks like that make is called from for loop in src/Makefile and it is
> not that easy to add the param.  Perhaps easier solution would be to add
> empty NAME line in kamcmd Makefile:
>
> auto_gen=
> RELEASE=0.2
> UTIL_SRC_NAME=kamcmd
> NAME=
> ifeq ($(FLAVOUR),ser)
> 	NAME?=sercmd
> else
> 	NAME?=kamcmd
> endif
>
> Then the name could be easily changed by adding a value to NAME.
If NAME= is added in the config, then it cannot be specified in the
command line anymore.

If NAME variable overlaps with another one from kamailio core makefiles,
then we can change it to be KAMCMDNAME.

You can change even now the line NAME?=kamcmd in the IFEQ blovk if you
want to edit the makefile for your local build system.

Kamailio World Conference - May 8-10, 2017 - www.kamailioworld.com