[sr-dev] Restructuring source code tree for v5.0

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 10:18:08 CET 2016

Hello,

I already started playing with various scripts to do the restructuring
of the source code tree for v5.0 as we discussed in the past months and
I am considering to do it quite soon, in the next few days.

The result will look like:

/Makefile (only-forwarding make commands to various subdirs)
/README|INSTAL|LICENSE|...
/src/Makefile* (build makefiles)
/src/main.c (main c file to generate the binary)
/src/core/*.{c,h} (c code for core, including subfolders such as parser,
mem, atomic, ...)
/src/lib/* (subfolders with the internal libraries)
/src/modules/* (subfolders with the modules)

Other subfolders from root directory may be relocated, but to be decided
along the way.

At the time of doing the restructuring, I will try to merge all the pull
requests that look ok. Therefore it would be good that anyone interested
in open pull requests to do the review (and merge) meanwhile.

Also, I think it would be good to disable travis and nightly master
builds during few days when the restructuring happens in order to avoid
flooding sr-dev with alerts.

If anyone has suggestions to add, do not hesitate to write on mailing lists.

Kamailio World Conference - May 8-10, 2017 - www.kamailioworld.com