[sr-dev] A: Ongoing process of selecting a new website theme

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 09:46:21 CEST 2016

Hello,

the new responsive look for kamailio.org website has been turned on. It
is a child theme of i-excel free wordpress theme. The main page of the
website is planned to be redesigned a bit to give it a modern look, so
it may change in the near future. For the moment the goal was to keep
the old content with responsive access.

The navigation from the right sidebar in the former look has been split
and parts of it are at the bottom of the new pages:

  - https://www.kamailio.org/w/

If no major issues are reported or no better proposals are coming in the
near future, this new look will become the active one.

Suggestions on how to organize the menus for better accessibility or
more suggestive navigation are very welcome!

I am also looking for building 3-4 banners of 1200x300px size to be used
for a slider at the top of the main page (the height can be different
than 300px, although this would just work). If anyone here has graphical
design skills and can put together some images that suggest what
kamailio does or reflect some abstract view for real time
communications, send them to me.

Anyhow, I hope the new theme makes the navigation experience more
pleasant on devices with small screens, with clean and clear page layout.