[sr-dev] [kamailio] kamailio 4.3 db write-back (db_mode=2) loads non-local contacts without socket in AoR (#325)

mading087 notifications at github.com
Tue Sep 15 00:02:04 CEST 2015

Hi,

We're trying to build a db replication based kamailio server redundancy solution. In recent tests, it seems to make more sense to change the db_mode to 2 (write-back) instead of using db only mode, as in db only mode, a lot of commands and stats don't work anymore.

At this point, we're very close to make this work. However, there is a potential issue I just discovered. When db replicates users/clients registered with other servers in the cluster, although the lookup("location") function can correctly identify the remote users (registered with other servers in the cluster), the db write-back seems to still include those users when loading users/contacts to AoRs in memory. It is just that the remote contacts don't have "socket" information in AoR. Just wonder why the remote users need to be loaded back to memory AoR at all. Should the db write-back be consistent with the lookup function in that the non-local users be filtered out from the AoR?

So far, even with remote contacts in AoR we can still make this work, but it seems a waste of memory to load remote contacts without sockets on each server. Hope I didn't miss any design decision/principle that calls for AoR for both local and non-local users.

Thanks,

---
https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/issues/325