[sr-dev] [kamailio] add systemd support to deb packages (#294)

Giacomo Vacca notifications at github.com
Tue Sep 8 16:52:32 CEST 2015

I've spent some time on a debian jessie host, adapting a systemd script I've been using (please see below).

Some notes:
- As you probably know, sh_installinit already takes care of installing a .service file found in the debian folder, so it's sufficient to remove the kamailio.init and add the kamailio.service file.
- After dh_installinit, you should add dh_systemd_enable and dh_systemd_start (both provided by 'dh-systemd' package)
- The script has some default values, but those variables can be overwritten by the variables in /etc/default/kamailio (I made this in order not to deviate too much in respect to the current approach of the init.d script).

I hope this helps, and I'm available for any question or to perform specific tests.

```
[Unit]
Description=Kamailio (OpenSER) - the Open Source SIP Server
After=syslog.target network.target

[Service]
Type=forking
Environment='PIDFILE=/var/run/kamailio/kamailio.pid'
Environment='CFGFILE=/etc/kamailio/kamailio.cfg'
Environment='SHM_MEMORY=64'
Environment='PKG_MEMORY=8'
Environment='USER=kamailio'
Environment='GROUP=kamailio'
Environment='DAEMON=/usr/sbin/kamailio'
EnvironmentFile=/etc/default/kamailio
PIDFile=$PIDFILE
# ExecStart requires a full absolute path
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/kamailio -P $PIDFILE -f $CFGFILE -m $SHM_MEMORY -M $PKG_MEMORY -u $USER -g $GROUP
ExecStopPost=/bin/rm -f $PIDFILE
Restart=on-abort

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target