[sr-dev] [kamailio] kamailio-mysql-modules on Ubuntu 14.04 not installable (#376)

Benjamin Tietz notifications at github.com
Thu Oct 22 13:09:23 CEST 2015

Hi,
I try to install kamailio-mysql-modules on Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty via latest repo:
deb http://deb.kamailio.org/kamailio trusty main

I want to use sipcapture for homer5 and need mysql 5.6 for that.

Now the problem:
Dependencies say I need mysql-client, which can't be installed because I have mysql-client-5.6 already installed but mysql-client points to mysql-client-5.5

This is mentioned as bug in:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mysql-5.6/+bug/1314555
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/MySQL/virtual-mysql-server

Any options to change to virtual-mysql-client package as dependance for kamailio-mysql-modules?

---
https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/issues/376