[sr-dev] [kamailio] log to journald directly (#370)

Daniel-Constantin Mierla notifications at github.com
Tue Oct 20 11:59:49 CEST 2015

Logging to systemd journal adds dependency to libsystemd which is not available on all operating systems.

As I checked the provided link and it looked rather easy, I added a new module (named log_systemd) that exports to config a wrapper to sd_journal_print().

I will try to get the core logging function to be more flexible and be able to use a different function than syslog, so a module can overwrite the core preference. However, that means the logging via something wanted by a module will be effective once that module is loaded, before (from kamailio start till module load) the syslog will be used.

---
https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/issues/370#issuecomment-149503298