[sr-dev] [kamailio] add GnuTLS support (#371)

Daniel-Constantin Mierla notifications at github.com
Mon Oct 19 00:00:56 CEST 2015

If anyone wants to contribute an alternative tls module using gnutls, that's of course very welcome.

For now, I just want to point the fact that openssl project got a lot of funds lately to conduct a cleanup and refactoring, which can change things rather soon. It appears to be the project still with most big companies backing it up. There is the libssl variant that supposed to be a curated openssl, not sure if it really got good traction. Also, iirc, gnutls lacked hardware acceleration support, which is relevant on big deployments.

Reviewing what is the best ssl lib out there would be good, if done properly, but I guess it require some resources to be able to allocate time for it.

---
https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/issues/371#issuecomment-149054306