[sr-dev] Lets encrypt and certificate renewals

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Nov 23 15:41:23 CET 2015

Hi!
Letsencrypt.org is now in beta and offer free TLS certificates with a 3 month life time.

Certificates will be updated in the background. I haven’t looked into all scripts but I guess that there’s a script that renews the certificate and somehow tells the application to reload the certs.

We need to be able to reload certs in runtime, not by stopping and restarting Kamailio. Possibly either with a user signal or an RPC command reachable through kamcmd/kamctl.

Anyone else that has looked into how the cron scripts communicates with the server process?

/O