[sr-dev] rtpengine force_send_interface parameter

smititelu stefan.mititelu at 1and1.ro
Fri May 8 11:08:02 CEST 2015

Hello Juha,

Related to your questions:

> two questions:
>
> 1) is info level message really necessary?  i would prefer debug level
> message.
Sure, it also sounds ok for us to decrease to debug level and we will do
this.

> 2) since there can be several (sets) of rtpengines running on the same
> host as sip proxy, on private network, and on the internet, how can one
> force_send_interface parameter be enough?
You are right, in case of multiple rtpengines in different networks,
connections to both may fail with the "can't connect to a RTP proxy"
error message. However, force_send_interface parameter is optional and
if you don't set it, the kamailio will select an appropriate socket and
the behaviour will be as expected.

Suppose one has a PC with 2 interfaces connected to the same network and
wants to force traffic going through a certain interface, this parameter
is helpful.

Maybe in the future we could improve the functionality of this
parameter; we are open to suggestions.

Greetings,
1and1 VoIP Team