[sr-dev] nat keepalive partitioning in usrloc db only mode

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed May 6 22:26:06 CEST 2015

On 06/05/15 21:22, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>> The solution is to add a dedicated column for partition index. I already
>> implemented it in a separate branch, named tmp/usrloc-partion. The new
>> code is rather small, because is only about inserting into database, the
>> value is not used when having records in memory, therefore not needed to
>> be loaded back in memory or updated. But it changes the database
>> structure, by adding a new column to location table.
> how is this new column going to gets its value when location table db
> structure is upgraded?
Default is 0, which means the records will be keepalived as part of
partition 0 (like in the old code their id % partition_size == 0).
Anyhow, there are other new columns in location table already, so if one
is using db only mode should consider lowering the max expire, wait a
bit and then flush the db for a clean upgrade. After than the max
expired can be restored to older value.

Kamailio World Conference, May 27-29, 2015