[sr-dev] Crash bug

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Mar 27 15:06:58 CET 2015

On 03/27/2015 10:00 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:

> It would be good to add some sip keepalive monitoring (e.g., cron job
> with sipsak sending options) that will alert/restart in case of no
> response. The monit tool can also send sip keepalives and take actions
> on no response.
>
> On a deadlock, checking process table is not enough. There should have
> been high cpu usage, though, if you monitored that.

I agree that this type of monitoring is insufficient. It was a
short-term stop-gap measure to restart Kamailio if it crashes (due to
the original crash bug that is the subject  of this thread).

Normally, Kamailio is so stable we don't really worry about it crashing,
so there wasn't much of a need for monitoring it or its SIP
responsiveness. :-)  It runs for months or years without issue.

303 Perimeter Center North, Suite 300
Atlanta, GA 30346
United States

Tel: +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free) / +1-678-954-0671 (direct)