[sr-dev] Creating of module: location at redis

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 22:51:31 CET 2015

Hello,

might worth reading the devel guide:

- http://www.asipto.com/pub/kamailio-devel-guide/

It is for an older version, but still good.

Then, if you want to implement a db_redis module (a module that can be
used instead of other db modules, such as db_mysql), maybe checking
db_mongodb is good to learn by example, given the mongodb is nosql
system as well.

I think for redis the main things to sort out is how you serialize the
structures that are going to be saved (maybe using serialized json will
allow reusing code from mongodb) and what will be the key value, as
redis is practically a (key, value) storage. Maybe storing a redis hash
structure is an alternative. Then, how the expressions to select records
are built to match in redis system.

Not being very familiar with redis, I cannot assert properly the
complexity to get the above sorted out nicely.

On 26/03/15 22:27, Yuriy Gorlichenko wrote:
> Daniel, hello. Our service need to translate location table to redis,
> and we want start to write own module for kamailio. Akn you give us
> some advices and documentation for API of kamailio, that we may to use
> for creation own module.
> Thks

Kamailio World Conference, May 27-29, 2015