[sr-dev] [kamailio] kamailio doesn't provide number of registered users stat when usrloc in db_mode=3 (#113)

Olle E. Johansson notifications at github.com
Thu Mar 19 17:15:31 CET 2015

On 19 Mar 2015, at 17:10, mading087 <notifications at github.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the info. The same text is in the 4.2 usrloc doc as well.
> Stats are important in some business cases. Guess we can consider this an enhancement. Wonder what is the best way to maintain the stats in db only mode.
> 1. change snmpstats to read from db instead of memory

That would not be smart - the number of hits on the database would not be low. I don't
see this as a snmpstats function - could be a usrloc function.
> 2. maybe something easier than snmp, like acc/cdr from db?

Counters are cool. Adding counters that keep track is propably the best way forward.
But that will be confusing if you are using db-only mode with multiple servers, since
there are additions done somewhere else.

In the end if you want to check this with snmp I suggest you write your own scripts and
add to the MIB using the custom options in snmpd.conf - its' quite easy and would solve
your problem.

As an alternative you can define your own script counter and have a background script
that runs your SQL query every X minutes and updates a counter that you can watch
with kamcmd and the old kamctl.

/O

---
https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/issues/113#issuecomment-83647063