[sr-dev] git:master:c3f9e82e: usrloc: new param to close TCP connections

Camille Oudot camille.oudot at orange.com
Tue Mar 10 16:00:53 CET 2015

Le Sat, 7 Mar 2015 07:25:26 +0200,
Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> a écrit :

> Camille Oudot writes:
>
> > usrloc: new param to close TCP connections
> >
> > the new `close_expired_tcp`, if set, forces Kamailio to close the
> > TCP connections of expired contacts
>
> how about it kamailio is rebooted and when it comes back up, location
> table has tcp contacts, but the corresponding connections, of course,
> do not exist anymore?

Hi Juha,

when usrloc loads the contacts from database, the record's tcpconn_id
field is set to -1 (=invalid). Therefore we don't try to close this
connection even if close_expired_tcp is set to 1.

But anyway when using SIP over TCP, if the server restarts, the TCP
connections are closed. So I would not even bother fetching the usrloc
records from the DB at startup, since they are not valid anymore (most
UAs will try to re-REGISTER if the connection is lost).

--
Camille