[sr-dev] UAC module - got sip response 200 while registering

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 21:33:47 CET 2015

The change done by registrar server to the Contact URI is not compliant
-- the address has to stay what the UA has set. Otherwise a lot of
multi-line SIP phones won't work.

The user part of the Contact in the REGISTER generated by uac module is
used to match the local user details. If the user part is changed then
it is not going to be a match when a call comes in with the modified
Contact address in the R-URI.

On 05/03/15 09:09, GG GG wrote:
> Some providers change the Contact header when replying the register.
>
> The provider says 200 OK for register but I got this:
> ERROR: uac [uac_reg.c:876]: uac_reg_tm_callback(): got sip response
> 200 while registering
>
> I think the problem is
> at https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/blob/master/modules/uac/uac_reg.c#L744
>
> In my case, the provider change the username part of Contact
> in register request: Contact: <sip:DID_NUMBER at IP_ADDRESS:5060>
> in reply: Contact: <sip:SiENC*DID_NUMBER**IP_ADDRESS*5060*@IP_ADDRESS>
>
> So if username is different, I will never get ri->flags |= UAC_REG_ONLINE;

Kamailio World Conference, May 27-29, 2015