[sr-dev] Permission module and field where to apply the regex for trusted function

Alessio Casco alessio.casco at nexmo.com
Fri Jun 26 15:02:04 CEST 2015

Hello

We use the permission module on kamailio 4.2.5. with the  "allow_trusted()"
function, to check if a customer has to be whitelisted or not.
With the "tag_col" we define the user that is linked to the specific
matching IP.

Now we have the problem that a specific IP could be liked to multiple
accounts, so the tech prefix is what we thought to use in order to fix this
without involving others files or modules.

Permission module, only allows to apply the regex against the from header,
and we'd like to do this against the request URI instead.

We have patched the permission module locally in order to have the
possibility to chose witch field kamailio has to consider (From, or request
URI).
Before sending a pull request, we'd like to know from you if this change is
something you may want to take in consideration.

Thanks
Nexmo Team