[sr-dev] [kamailio] http_query causes memory corruption with AVPs (#212)

scottgrim notifications at github.com
Wed Jun 17 02:39:42 CEST 2015

Here's a clue...
If I populate $avp(cnam) with a dummy value before calling http_query then I end up with 2 indexes of $avp(cnam) with the expected values and no segfault.
If I leave http_query() to create $avp(cnam), there is no $avp(cnam) in a dbg_pv_dump() after http_query and I get the segfault.
Likewise, if I put a `$avp(cnam) = $null` before the http_query, it then shows up properly in dbg_pv_dump() with a single index.

So it seems like it's a problem with http_query having to initialize an avp but if the avp is referenced at all prior to the http_query call, then it's fine.

---
https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/issues/212#issuecomment-112613179