[sr-dev] [kamailio] Implement load and restore of contact attributes (#178)

Hugh Waite notifications at github.com
Fri Jun 12 17:08:21 CEST 2015

If the usrloc parameter "xavp_contact" is set, the given XAVP is populated with the contact attributes when the "lookup" function is called. The usrloc README example uses the name 'ulattrs'.

The tm module parameters 'contacts_avp' and 'contact_flows_avp' are populated when the t_load_contacts() function is called. These store the data from the branch structures but, before my changes, did not know anything about the attributes loaded by usrloc.

My changes mean that the usrloc attributes are now loaded into the 'contacts_avp' data when t_load_contacts() is called. However, the tm module needs to know the name of the XAVP that usrloc stored these attributes in, hence the new parameter and why they must have the same value.

If you do not set the 'xavp_contact' parameter in usrloc, then attributes are not stored / loaded when you call 'register' / 'lookup'. It is therefore not needed in tm module either.
If you supply the parameter to usrloc, but NOT tm, then the attributes are ignored by the load/next_contacts functions and the bug will still be present.

---
https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/pull/178#issuecomment-111520934