[sr-dev] Testing RPMs for v4.3.0

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 15:54:16 CEST 2015

Hello,

in preparation for releasing v4.3.0 next week, I updated the specs for
building RPMs from branch 4.3. However, I am not able to test the
results, just made sure the build is ok.

Packages are available at:

-
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:kamailio:v4.3.x-rpms/kamailio43

I hope people here using RPMs will do some tests and provide feedback,
interested mainly in:

- it installs ok
- after install, it starts ok with default configuration file
- fifo and unix sockets are created now in /var/run/kamailio, so it has
to be checked they are there
- kamctl works ok for commands: ps, uptime and 'mi version'

Some modules are not packaged in various versions, as I could not spot
what are the packages needed for building them and if they are available
with different names. For example, apparently jansson lib is on redhat,
but not on centos, libev doesn't seem to be there. Also, I haven't had
time to look at packaging erlang module.

Help with the above is appreciated as well as helping building RPMs
genrally. Maybe the init.d script needs to be reviewed and updated as well.