[sr-dev] [kamailio] rr: add enable_double_rr_always option (#257)

Andrey Utkin notifications at github.com
Mon Jul 20 17:34:43 CEST 2015

This patch helps us to handle inadequatness of Linphone mobile apps (both iOS and Android flavours are affected) without reinventing a lot of logics to handle each transport (we use TCP, TLS, WS, WSS).
E.g. if we have two TLS-based Linphone clients, even with enable_double_rr for gentle cross-forwarding we would get single RR header without transport= attribute, resulting in Linphone sending ACK and BYE via UDP.
This new option, being enabled, results in two RR headers being always inserted, with transport attribute being always added. I believe this cannot harm the installation with enable_double_rr, just makes instructions more explicit.
The Linphone's behaviour looks like a set of different bugs, but it would get us much more efforts to fix.
I don't know if any other useragent needs such workaround. So I would perfectly understand if this commit wouldn't be accepted upstream.

Also this commit currently lacks README doc rebuild, because I don't know how to do that. Only XML doc is updated.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/pull/257

-- Commit Summary --

  * rr: add enable_double_rr_always option

-- File Changes --

    M modules/rr/doc/rr_admin.xml (24)
    M modules/rr/record.c (14)
    M modules/rr/rr_mod.c (2)