[sr-dev] [kamailio] PID file permissions (#231)

Arsen notifications at github.com
Sun Jul 5 05:41:53 CEST 2015

ENV: Debian 8
So on most Linux systems the /var/run folder is a tmpfs and after which clears after each reboot
As I try to start up kamailio after a reboot through kamctl I get the following error.
"ERROR: PID file /var/run/kamailio.pid does not exist -- Kamailio start failed"
Because kamailio does not have the permission to write to the /var/run folder as the kamailio user.
Would it be possible to add in the "kamctl" code a section where the SPECIFIED PID LOCATION (/var/run/kamailio) is checked and if it does not exist create it as the root user and chown it to the SPECIFIED USER (kamailio)? The way I have patched it for now is to create a init script that creates a /var/run/kamailio folder and chmods it to kamailio:kamailio

Thanks everyone!

---
https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/issues/231