[sr-dev] [kamailio] Geoip2 module (#52)

Sergey Okhapkin notifications at github.com
Wed Jan 28 22:19:39 CET 2015

Geoip2 databases provide both v4 and v6 addresses lookup.
I see no use cases when both modules might be used, that's why I use the same
exported function name to minimize changes in kamailio cfg script. The only
change required is to load/set parameter of another module.

Maxmind pushes new developments to use geoip2 databases and API, the old API
is still supported by maxmind but is obsoleted.

On Wednesday 28 January 2015 12:35:17 Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> Couple of clarifications to be made, if you are aware of the answers:
>
> * does the new geoip database/api work with both IPv4 and IPv6?
> * would be there cases to use old geoip module and the new one? I see they
> depend on different libraries, I assume the new one is not available in old
> distros, but then, can be there situations when both libraries are
> available?
>
> Right now, the new module exports same functions and variables as old geoip
> module. In the case both can be used, then the functions/vars should be
> renamed to reflect the new module name. The config needs to be changed
> anyhow to load the new module.
>
> ---
> https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/pull/52#issuecomment-71910666

---