[sr-dev] [kamailio] TCP packets are Malformed (#51)

Varghese Paul notifications at github.com
Fri Jan 23 13:22:19 CET 2015

 Hi Team,

Recently we upgraded our kamailo server to 4.2.1 and it was running successfuly with out any issue. We are seeing some issue with the TCP calls which are relayed from the kamilio.

We have set of physical servers and the calls are distributed by checking the dispacther module. Sometimes we are seeing the TCP packets are malformed from kamilio to one server. We can see the UDP calls are working fine with the same server at the same time TCP packets are malformed. That means there is no issue with the network connectivity between the kamailio server and our media server. Once we restart the kamilio we are not seeing this issue and the TCP calls will start working with kamilio and media server.

Can you help us to answer these questions.

1. Any idea about this TCP packet malformed error ?. We were not able to reproduce this TCP packet issue and we are seeing this error in our production environment.

2. Sometimes we have some errors for TCP max conn (ERROR) : 2048 (the default). We are plannig to increase the TCP connection to 4096 (tcp_max_connections=4096). Whether it will create any issue if we are increasing to 4096  or it will affect kamailio performance ?.

Thanks for looking in to this.

---
https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/issues/51