[sr-dev] Linux-specific modules

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Jan 23 11:03:33 CET 2015

Hi!

One of the benefits of Kamailio according to the marketing litterature is that we're highly portable across
all *IX platforms. I do understand why a kernel-interfacing module is depending on a specific os
(thinking about the kernel-level RTPPROXY), but not why other modules depend on Linux.

If they do, I propose that we treat that as a bug and implement a work around or get help from other
developers to get the same functionality on as many platforms as possible. At least, get the basic
functionality working in a platform-neutral way.

The ratelimit/pipelimit modules still work on other Unixes, but have specific extra functionality on Linux.

The jsonrpc-c module fails to compile on non-LInux systems, and I don't see a reason for that module to fail on
other platforms.

What do you think? Should we continue to work like this or should we move to LInux-only?

/O