[sr-dev] [kamailio] Is cross module function call a good practice? (#50)

Ovidiu Sas osas at voipembedded.com
Thu Jan 22 19:34:46 CET 2015

If you make a function call to auth_db, then you create an unnecessary
dependency on that module.
Copying code is not good.
The right solution here would be to create a library that will hold common
code for both auth_db and auth_jwt.  The library will be automatically
loaded by both modules.

Take a look at the db_* modules that are using srdb1 and srdb2 libraries.

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 11:11 AM, mading087 <notifications at github.com>
wrote:

> Started creating a new module auth_jwt, which supports JSON Web Token for
> auth. Need to access the database to validate some claims in the token.
> Wonder if I should just make a function call to auth_db or copy the code
> from auth_db? Which approach is a better approach? Thanks.

> <https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/issues/50>.

VoIP Embedded, Inc.
http://www.voipembedded.com