[sr-dev] Can we create a core-dump-free Kamailio?

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sat Jan 17 19:03:55 CET 2015

Friends,

For a long time I've been able to cause core dumps by configuring stuff badly. It should not be possible. We should
validate input and not crash because of missing or bad configurations.

In many cases there's a core dump after load of the module, in some times a modules seems to cause core dump
when Kamailio exits.

I will try to isolate where possible and create a very, very minimal configuration file to be able to repeat it.

...and as you see, I will file bug reports. :-)

I am also trying to spot where I see log messages that are not properly ended with \n
or error messages that are repeated too many times, just annoying the Kamailio admin.

Let's work on this to make 4.3 a bit more stable for beginners. First impression is important :-)

Cheers,
/O