[sr-dev] patch porposal for usrloc: close TCP connections

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 11:18:39 CET 2015

On 26/02/15 11:11, Camille Oudot wrote:
> Le Thu, 26 Feb 2015 07:57:49 +0100,
> "Olle E. Johansson" <oej at edvina.net> a écrit :
>
>> If there's no path, I wonder if there is any reason not to make this
>> a default behaviour? Why keep the connection?
> If a SIP user agent has several contacts registered through the same
> connection (I think it is possible although I've not encountered this
> case yet), then we don't expect the connection to be closed on the first
> expired contact, so I'm not sure about making this a default behavior.

Having it optional is good in the first place, perhaps the new parameter
can be extended in the future to get new values that will make the
behaviour different (e.g., close when there is no path).

Can you also check the report from the email:
 - http://lists.sip-router.org/pipermail/sr-users/2015-February/087105.html

It appears to be a side effect of the last commits related to tcpops module.

Kamailio World Conference, May 27-29, 2015