[sr-dev] [kamailio] presence : add min_expires param (#78)

lazedo notifications at github.com
Wed Feb 11 07:52:19 CET 2015

Hi juha,

i don't think that its part of any standard.
what we observed is that UAs do respect the expires we send with
subscription=active
this acts like the max_expires params, if its out of bounds it corrects the
value and subscribes with that value in expires.
when it send the subscription=active, it will send the expires accepted and
saved in the server.

does that help ?

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 5:58 AM, juha-h <notifications at github.com> wrote:

> lazedo writes:
>
> > some UAs send very low values for subscriptions causing unwanted
> > flooding of the server with subscribe/notify messages
> > this new parameter allows to set a minimum value for the subscription.
>
> is that supported by the standards, i.e., can presence server tell the
> ua the minimum allowed subscription expires time so that the ua can
> adapt to that?
>
> -- juha

> <https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/pull/78#issuecomment-73837556>.

---