[sr-dev] [SR-Users] Planing to release Kamailio v4.2.3

Måns Nilsson mansaxel at besserwisser.org
Tue Feb 3 17:02:21 CET 2015

Subject: [SR-Users] Planing to release Kamailio v4.2.3 Date: Tue, Feb 03, 2015 at 02:01:28PM +0100 Quoting Daniel-Constantin Mierla (miconda at gmail.com):
> Hello,
>
> I am planning to release a new version from latest stable branch -
> 4.2. Most likely it will be Tuesday next week (Feb 10). If there is
> something important to take in consideration for this version, reply to
> sr-dev mailing list.

I've found a problem on FreeBSD with 4.2.2; it won't compile a pair of
modules because they look for the number of CPUen by the sysctl  variable
HW_AVAILCPU -- it is there on OS X but not on FreeBSD. FreeBSD has to
make do with  HW_NCPU. The code as shipped does a watershed between
FreeBSD and OSX on one hand and the rest on the other. And that does
not suffice.

I've made an ugly #ifdef hack (nested, at that) that allows compilation
on FreeBSD but I've only had time to build, not actually test it beyond
startup..  I'd rather that someone competent do the fix than posting my
"code".

The affected files are:

ball-empfang:kamailio-4.2.2 mansaxel$ find . -name '*.c' | xargs grep -l HW_AVAILCPU
./modules/pipelimit/pipelimit.c
./modules/ratelimit/ratelimit.c

/Måns
--
Måns Nilsson     primary/secondary/besserwisser/machina
MN-1334-RIPE                             +46 705 989668