[sr-dev] info: kamailio.org updates - letsencrypt for https and dkim for email

Peter Villeneuve petervnv1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 18:46:36 CET 2015

Hi Daniel,

I'm also using letsencrypt since their beta program.
The only issue I see is that the certs expire after 90 days, which means
you will have to manually change them before those 90 days are up.
They have an automated process to get new certs and insert them in the
correct virtual hosts in apache, but I doubt they have any kamailio
automation setup yet.

Besides that, which is no big deal, just takes more time until someone
writes a script to automate the kamailio process of requesting new certs
and replacing the expired ones, I'm a big fan of Letsencrypt and I
recommend it to anyone that takes security seriously and doesn't want to
participate in enriching the CA "mafia".

Cheers,
Peter