[sr-dev] [kamailio] kamailio 4.3 crash in update_dialog_vars_dbinfo (#301)

MayamaTakeshi notifications at github.com
Fri Aug 28 13:13:20 CEST 2015

> Interesting that it is same invalid value var=0x3433, but dlg->vars list is ok.
> Is v4.1 saving the dlg vars in db?

Yes. It is exactly the same cfg file (I had only to adjust DB tables when moving to to 4.3).

> Can you describe a bit when the crash is happening? Like: if you run a stress test, after how many iterations does it happen; what kind of calls are there, between two users or call is forwarded outside to a gateway...

I am load testing simulating transcoding.
There are actually 2 concurrent tests:
```
sipp simulating user --> kamailio --> sipp simulating gateway refuses with "406 Not Acceptable". This triggers branch to transcoder server
sipp simulating user --> kamailio --> sipp simulating transcoder (200 OK)
```
```
sipp simulating gateway calling user --> kamailio forwarding call to gateway -->  sipp simulating gateway refuses with "406 Not Acceptable". This triggers branch to transcoder server
sipp simulating gateway calling user -->  kamailio --> sipp simulating transcoder (200 OK)
```

Here are the last number of calls based on acc_cdrs after crash:
```
mysql> select count(*) from acc_cdrs;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
|   168623 |
+----------+

mysql> select count(*) from acc_cdrs;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
|   221434 |
+----------+

mysql> select count(*) from acc_cdrs;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
|   244369 |
+----------+

mysql> select count(*) from acc_cdrs;
| count(*) |
|   150870 |
```

If you need it, I can send you the kamailio.cfg privately (I cannot make it public because it belongs to the company I work for).

---
https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/issues/301#issuecomment-135742969