[sr-dev] [kamailio] kamailio 4.3 db_postgres intermittent core dump (#292)

mading087 notifications at github.com
Thu Aug 20 17:08:14 CEST 2015

Just some updates.

The "out of bounds" problems in the above trace are caused by pointers not being initialized properly, containing random values, We added the following lines before the pointers are being used.

	memset(keywords, 0,(sizeof(char *) * 10));
	memset(values, 0,(sizeof(char *) * 10));
	memset(to, 0, (sizeof(char) * 16));

This seems to get rid of the "out of bounds" in the trace.
However, we still see intermittent core dump with the some of the forked child processes. When the core dump happens, netstats shows the tls connection for the child processes in time_wait state. After some time, those connections seem to be recover to established state. If a call is handled by the dead child, it will fail, But other calls still go through. The dead child would produce a core dump file.

Hope the experts here can provide some insights on what we should try next.

---
https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/issues/292#issuecomment-133043682