[sr-dev] Memory Leak in t_uac_dlg Mi function

Torge Szczepanek sr-dev at cygnusnetworks.de
Thu Aug 20 12:22:37 CEST 2015

Hi!

We are using the t_uac_dlg function through a UDP MI Datagram to create local SIP/TCP requests. We are seeing a memory leak of increasing shared Memory usage, which is increasing at the same rate as tcp connections are created (tested under 4.0.1 and 4.3.1).

/usr/sbin/kamailio[25407]: NOTICE: fm_status:  count= 71943 size=  14126536 bytes from mi_datagram: datagram_fnc.c: build_async_handler(387)

After looking at the memory dump and investigating the source, I guess that the memory leak is created, when the

MI_ASYNC_RPL_FLAG

is set. This seems to be set by:

modules/tmx/tmx_mod.c:  {MI_TM_UAC,     mi_tm_uac_dlg,   MI_ASYNC_RPL_FLAG,  0,  0 },

only, which we are using heavily.

Can someone please give me a hint, where to search for the memory leak. My guess is that:

modules/mi_datagram/datagram_fnc.c:489
                if (f->flags&MI_ASYNC_RPL_FLAG) {
                        hdl = build_async_handler(mi_socket_domain,
                                        (struct sockaddr* )&reply_addr, reply_addr_len);

the handler is not correctly freed up in the async reply case.

Thank you!

Greetings

Torge Szczepanek