[sr-dev] [kamailio] can we change database primary keys from serial int to uuid (#274)

Alex Balashov notifications at github.com
Thu Aug 6 07:03:11 CEST 2015

I don't think this is realistic at all, given the enormous amount of software infrastructure out there (e.g. various web MVC frameworks, ORMs, database APIs) that take numerical primary keys and/or row identifiers for granted.

Moreover, while it is quite possible that all or almost all major RDBMs have some way of generating a textual GUID these days, the method and the resulting token length is likely to vary considerably. Highly generic database interactions are an important design tenet of the intermediate Kamailio database APIs.

---
https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/issues/274#issuecomment-128242304