[sr-dev] Kamilio Setup

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 13:58:07 CEST 2015

Hello,

On 13/04/15 12:11, Charl van Wyk wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Is there any default configuration I can perhaps use for a cloud
> deployment of the Kamilio Software?
>

> Basically we want to point a public IP to Kamilio, and then route
> Kamilio to a PABX vendor, to handle the IVR and direct calls?
>

> However, we stuck, and cannot get the public IP to Talk to the
> Kamilio, so was thinking there must be a similar setup somewhere so
> that we can utilise the recommended default config in such environment?

is kamailio on a box with private ip, having a public ip forwarded to it
by a firewall? If yes, you have to add 'advertise' to listen parameter
and should be ready to go:

  - http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/cookbooks/4.2.x/core#listen

That's for kamailio, but if you need to relay media streams (rtp), then
look at rtpproxy or rtpengine, they have options to deal with such cases.

Kamailio World Conference, May 27-29, 2015