[sr-dev] Nits in 4.1

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 17:40:12 CEST 2014

Hello,

thanks for reviewing and reporting ...

On 14/09/14 17:18, James Cloos wrote:
> I just noticed that db showg tries to use mysql’s \G method for expanded
> output even with other db engines.
I added it, but not using other sql servers, I was not sure where else
is accepted.

However, the 'db show' is the (older) alternative that doesn't use \G.

I will add a check for db engine next time I get a chance.

> The dnssec module, at least in the version in debian sid, failes to load
> with:
>
>   0(23381) ERROR: <core> [sr_module.c:599]: load_module(): ERROR:
>   load_module: could not open module
>   </usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/kamailio/modules/dnssec.so>:
>   /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libval-threads.so.14: undefined symbol:
>   SSL_get_SSL_CTX
>
> My impression is that it should link against -lval_shim rather
> than directly against -lval-threads.

Have you tried with -lval_shim and it is working?

I wonder if there is a pkg-config for the libval that can be used.

> app_perl gives this error:
>
>   NOTICE: <core> [sr_module.c:654]: load_module():
>   /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/kamailio/modules/app_perl.so: exports dlflags
>   interface is deprecated and it will not be supported in newer versions;
>   consider using mod_register() instead
This is not an error, but a NOTICE message. The plan was to move DL
opening flags from modules exports to a module load callback. As it is
now, the module needs to be opened two times (first with default flags
and second with the new flags) -- there is no drawback apart of slightly
slower load of app_perl module at startup.

Perhaps this log message can be made debug, because is not relevant and
we are aware of it.

Next Kamailio Advanced Trainings 2014 - http://www.asipto.com
Sep 22-25, Berlin, Germany