[sr-dev] rtpengine debian package dependency

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 09:42:37 CEST 2014

On 12/09/14 09:27, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>> Not very familiar with rtpengine dependencies specifics, but recently I
>> installed it and I didn't want the kernel mode forwarding, therefore,
>> iirc, I didn't have to install this package and all worked fine (there
>> was a log/warning at startup that the kernel is not found, but all ok at
>> runtime).
> i have ngcp-rtpengine-kernel-dkm installed.  my problem is that without
> the dependency dist-upgrade tries to setup daemon after the old
> kernel-dkm module was removed but before new module was installed.
Not sure if deb spec files can solve such dependencies with current
packages ... but having a way to deploy the user space only daemon
should be kept.

Maybe there is a way by having different packages, like a common one
with the daemon app, then two conflicting, one for user-space and one
for kernel mode. The latest two will deploy the config/init.d scripts
for each mode, the latest depending also on dkms and iptables.

Next Kamailio Advanced Trainings 2014 - http://www.asipto.com
Sep 22-25, Berlin, Germany