[sr-dev] Kamailio v4.2 - development frozen

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 12:30:21 CEST 2014

Hello,

development (master) branch of Kamailio enters now in pre-release phase
for version 4.2.0. Therefore, no new feature should be pushed to master
until we create a dedicated branch for 4.2 (expected to be in about 4
weeks or so).

If in doubt to push or not a commit to master, push it first on a
personal branch (or attach to an email) and discuss it on sr-dev. The
new modules can be a bit more dynamic if there is need to get them to
the right shape (e.g., like decision to rename functions, parameters or
adjust database structure).

We hope to get many people involved in testing, to rich a stable state
before releasing 4.2.0. If you want to get involved and need assistance,
don't hesitate to write to mailing lists.

Help with updating the wiki page for migration from 4.1 to 4.2 as well
as what is new in 4.2 is very appreciated. I will post updates about the
very soon.

Many thanks to everyone involved in development of 4.2 and the early
testers that played with master branch.

Next Kamailio Advanced Trainings 2014 - http://www.asipto.com
Sep 22-25, Berlin, Germany