[sr-dev] about rtpengine trust-address flag and "received from" key

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Tue Sep 9 15:04:30 CEST 2014

Richard Fuchs writes:

> > It is OK to have trust-address flag.  What I doubt is what is the point
> > in sending source IP address of SIP request to rtpengine if
> > trust-address is not present, because that address may have nothing to
> > do with rtp media.
>
> Same as the address in the SDP may have nothing to do with the RTP
> media. It gives people an option. Nothing wrong with that.

What I'm afraid is that rtpengine somehow relies on source IP address
passed to it for its operation, because there is no way for me to
prohibit that address to be passed to rtpengine if I have not used
trust-address flag.

What is it that rtpengine does with received from address when
trust-address is not used?

-- Juha