[sr-dev] about rtpengine trust-address flag and "received from" key

Richard Fuchs rfuchs at sipwise.com
Tue Sep 9 14:33:24 CEST 2014

On 09/09/14 04:05, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> so what is the reason for the existence of "received from" key?  is
> there anything lost if the key is removed?  if not, then lets get rid of
> it in order to simplify things and to avoid confusion.

The reason is that this is what the original rtpproxy module does (see
'r' flag):
http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.0.x/modules/rtpproxy.html#idp15365280

I agree with your objections in that trusting the SDP address should
probably be the default, but I see no reason to remove functionality
that some people may find useful. There's at least one case where
trusting the SDP address can be problematic (packet forwarding loops).
The best way of action would probably be to create a new flag with the
opposite effect and then transition over to that one.

cheers