[sr-dev] updated patch for dbtext

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 22:56:48 CEST 2014

Hello,

On 08/09/14 22:25, Luis Azedo wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> yes i see this all the time, timers are set to 10 seconds and we get
> it all the time. available memory is also decreasing.
>
> problem is always from Process::  ID=51 PID=7018 Type=slow timer
> which is the one that has the two registered timers.
> i believe that this process is sharing the connection for these two
> timers, right ?
The register_timer(...) function is registering a callback function to
be executed by timer process. But it is not a dedicated timer
(application)process created for each call of register_timer(...)

> Sep  8 19:56:08 sipproxy-03 kamailio[7018]: ERROR: db_text
> [dbt_base.c:150]: dbt_free_result(): unable to free internal structure
This log message is harmless/useless as it is printed right now by
db_text module. You can go in the source code and check yourself.

There might be an issue if you see available memory decreasing without
proper reason, but we have to identify it and do a proper fix. Maybe
there is a place where result pointer is set to NULL before freeing it.

I am extremely interested in fixing any eventual issue, however the
proposed patch doesn't seem to be solve the root cause, because there
should be no connection sharing between different application processes.

What version of kamailio are you using for testing? Which memory is
decreasing, pkg or shm?

Next Kamailio Advanced Trainings 2014 - http://www.asipto.com
Sep 22-25, Berlin, Germany