[sr-dev] dispatcher sending socket

Federico Cabiddu federico.cabiddu at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 11:37:59 CET 2014

Hi all,
after fighting in the last days with dispatcher and the socket used to send
pings and dispatch requests, I'm thinking in adding to the module the
support for configuring the sending socket. Specifically what I'm thinking
is:

1) add the sending socket as a gateways' parameter
2) add an avp to store the gateways' send socket, to be used for load
balancing failover
3) add a module parameter "ds_send_socket" to define a global socket

The logic to select the sending socket would be:

1) if the gateway has send socket configured, use it
2) else, if configured, use the socket specified in ds_send_socket
3 else use the socket corresponding to the first listen directive (current
behaviour)

What do you think about? Do you find that this would be generally useful?
About adding the send socket per gateway: how do you think it should be
configured? In a dedicated column (db or file) or in the attrs parameter
(just adding another attributes)?

Looking forward to your feedback.

Cheers,

Federico